Thursday, April 21, 2011

My raw vegan chocolate cake




I came up with this recipe as I was playing around in my kitchen.
I have tried different delicious raw vegan chocolate cakes and was trying to recreate the magic.
I'm not there yet, but this is a pretty good cake nonetheless :)

For the crust:

1/2 cup of raw pecans
1/2 cup of raw sliced almonds
6 dates
1 pinch of cinnamon
1 pinch of salt

For the filling:

1 ripe banana
1 cup of (soaked overnight) raw cashews
1/2 pear
1/2 orange
1 teaspoon of agave
4 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
2 tablespoon of coconut manna
1 tablespoon of raw almond butter

Bottom layer:
Blend the ingredients for the crust into a fine meal.
Press mixture into cake pan.

Filling;
Blend the ingredients together until smooth, then pour mixture onto the crust.
Let the cake sit in the fridge for a couple hours.
Et voila!

This is super-easy and delicious :)


2 comments: